Someone just gave us a gently used Nutribullet, thanks to the amazing Freecycle site. (If you don’t look here for stuff you need, you seriously should! It’s a great way to save stuff from landfills, de-clutter, get things you need but don’t need brand new, and even find some amazing treasures for home projects).
So, this morning, I decided to make us a delicious, high-fiber smoothie before church.
Berry Oat Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry, quick oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 spoonfuls of unflavored powdered fiber supplement (optional)
- First, dump the oats in the blender, cover, and chop to a fine powder – basically making oat flour.
- Then, pour in the milk.
- Next, add the fruit.
- Finally, add the fiber powder.
- Blend all together and serve immediately.